1. IREX Grants Competition for Individuals operating online Media
IREX is conducting a grants competition for its Georgian Media Enhance Democracy, Informed Citizenry and Accountability (G-MEDIA) Program, which is made possible by the support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). IREX has a limited pool of funds to support growth of online media – websites, platforms or services, which have a goal to inform the society on a regular basis (at least three times a week), on a variety of topics important for Georgian society. Individuals, who have active grants from G-MEDIA for similar purposes, as this RFP is issued, are not eligible to apply.
G-MEDIA invites individuals, who operate online-only media, which:
- Use online tools (website, platform or service) as a major venue for distributing content;
- Systematically update their websites with important information such as news reports, news analysis, critiques and reviews of current events and/or daily life of Georgian society;
- Use modern communication tools for reaching a wider audience;
- Provide a place and possibility for online discussions either on own websites or via other social media platforms;
- Employ latest techniques of web 2.0;
- Use an innovative and creative approach in their daily activities.
This RFA will be used to award for three grants not exceeding USD 5,000.00 each, for a period of up to 12 months, so that grantees can better serve their online audiences – increase the amount and quality of information available to them, as well as improve their websites and services.
The proposed projects should offer a development strategy towards becoming self-sustaining using advertisement sales, donations or other sources of income.
Winning participants will be provided with professional training and consulting services in new media tools and applications.
Grantees will receive consultations on media law from GYLA and on multi-media approaches from IREX/G-MEDIA’s Senior New Media Manager.
Content produced as a result of the above grant will be uploaded on the G-MEDIA web-site in addition to being published/broadcast/posted by respective subgrantees through their own platforms. This approach will help to increase the audience and impact of the content produced.
This Call for Applications will be followed by an Open Door Day which will take place in IREX office on April 11, 2012, at 16:00 am. At Open Door Day interested applicants will be provided with more detailed guidance on the application process.
Applications must be received no later than April 19, 2012. Questions regarding this grant application should be submitted to Tatuli Gogadze no later than April 18, 2012. See additional contact information below.
For detailed information please, view the file attached.