Internews Georgia is announcing an opening for the position of Expert Survey Assessment Consultant
Formed in 1997, Internews Georgia is a local non-profit non-governmental organization based in Georgia whose mission is to improve access to information for people by fostering independent media and promoting open communication policies in the public interest. Internews Georgia’s informational and educational video-audio programming, theoretical and hands-on training, and innovative use of new technology empower general audience and media professionals to actively participate in the political and social decision-making and affect positive change.
Position Title: Expert Survey Assessment Consultant
Employment status: Service Agreement
Job Start and End Dates: June 1, 2013 – September 15, 2013
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to conduct an Expert Survey Assessment within the frameworks of Conflict Sensitive Reporting
Project funded by Foreign and Commonwealth Office – British Embassy Tbilisi and implemented by Internews Georgia, Internews Armenia and Internews Azerbaijan. The Expert Survey assessment aims to evaluate the extent of conflict sensitive information, hate speech, stereotypes, journalist professionalism and independence in all various types of media in South Caucasus, influence of media on public attitudes and its role in conflict transformation in South Caucasus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through close cooperation and communication with project implementing teams design of Expert Review Questionnaire;
- Train and coordinate the project staff responsible for conducting the Expert Interviews;
- Compilation, analysis and summarization of the collected data;
- Preparation of final Expert Survey Analytical Assessment document;
- Elaboration of recommendations based on the specific findings of the Expert Survey Assessment;
- Preparation of all research documents (including questionnaire, final report and applicable annexes) in Russian language.
- Higher Education or proven experience of conducting social studies or media management
- At least 3 years of working experience of conducting sociological surveys and assessments;
- Working or cooperation experience with international organizations and/or NGOs working in the field of media development is desired;
- Ability to travel within Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan if required;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the context and challenges of South Caucasus Region;
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Computer literacy;
- Good analytical, counseling, communication and writing skills;
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written analytical reports;
- Ability to plan and prioritize;
- Ability to work under pressure meeting strict deadlines.
For more details regarding the given assignment please refer to the attached Terms of Reference.
If you meet the requirements, please send a detailed CV in English or Russian (please ensure that you indicate the position title in the subject line and that CV includes names and contact details of 3 referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 24, 2013 07:00 PM
Terms of Reference