The Georgian Health Law and Bioethics Society, within the framework of the ‘Hotline for the protection of the rights of patients’ project funded by the Open Society Georgia Foundation (OSGF) is pleased to announce a vacancy for media specialist.
The goal of the project is to promote protection of the rights of patients in Georgia.
Key objects of the project:
- Raise public awareness through the hotline for patients and legal aid including the restoration of their rights;
- System analysis of violations of human rights in the healthcare field and provision of relevant recommendations.
Media specialist shall be responsible to run the media component of the project: promotion of the hotline through various media outlets and activities (active use of means of new media), reporting, description of cases and their dissemination, evaluation of the efficiency of communication.
Main responsibilities of media specialist:
- Promotion of the hotline for the rights of patients, advertising among the population and target groups, including television and radio (free PSA), Facebook and other social networks, print media and direct communication, planning and managing social media campaigns;
- Development of the concept the organization’s Facebook page, its update, management and promotion;
- Regular reporting to the society through the aforementioned means, as well as bulletins, publications and some other;
- Circulation of project outcome and recommendations;
- Ongoing analysis of the efficiency of project’s media component, development of recommendations and update of media-related action plan/strategy;
- Co-operation with partner organizations;
- Arrangement of press conferences, communication meetings and discussions;
- Participation in the selection, preparation and dissemination of the cases of violation of patients’ rights and restoration measures;
- Participation in the analysis of the project outcome and development of recommendations;
- Reporting on the implemented activities (in the Georgian and English languages) and assisting project manager with interim and final reports.
- Higher education, Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree;
- Work experience in social networking, communications, public relations, social marketing or related fields;
- Proficiency in up-to-date digital media and social media management technologies;
- Proficiency in web technologies;
- Proficiency in websites management systems;
- Proficiency in English and Russian languages;
- Academic skills in spoken and written Georgian (articles and/or interviews and/or reviews related to the project topic would be preferable);
- Good communication skills;
- Team-working skills;
- Proficiency in up-to-date digital communication means;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Facebook and other social networks.
Job duration: 12 months (extension of the project term is expected for the same or shorter period).
Application and selection procedure:
- Motivation letter briefly describing the applicant’s qualification and clarifying the reasons of his/he interest into the aforementioned job. The motivation letter should no longer than 400 words.
- Contact details of two references.
Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
In the Subject line please add Media Specialist. Short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview. Only one applicant will be selected for the position.
The application deadline is August 20, 2013.