JOB OPPORTUNITY International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX)
Position: MEDIA for Transparent and Accountable Governance (M-TAG), Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Term: 5 years, Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $60 million and a staff of 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Program
The goal of the Media for Transparent and Accountable Governance (M-TAG), funded by USAID, is to improve the public’s access to independent, reliable, and balanced information relevant to Georgia’s good governance. The program will work with journalists to improve accurate and ethical reporting on public interest issues and support regional media outlets to improve financial viability and transparency.
Summary of Position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is a Tbilisi-based full time position and reports to the Chief of Party. The M&E Specialist is responsible for undertaking activity-related monitoring and data analysis to exhibit the highest level of project performance, while building the capacity of M-TAG team. Familiarity with USAID requirements in M&E process and instruments as well as media development work will be an advantage. The task lead may be responsible for managing/overseeing the work of M-TAG team and teams of M-TAG implementing partners and will manage/facilitate data collection, quarterly progress reports and annual reporting information for designated activities as appropriate, and provide quality assurance on all deliverables. The M&E Specialist will also be responsible for generating analysis to inform work plans, as well as the development and maintenance of a Performance Management Plan tailored to the objectives of the project.
Description of Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to the implementation of Performance Management Plans (PMP)
- Act as point of contact for project technical staff on questions related to PMP, indicator definitions, achievements, etc.
- Track progress against work plan: collect, verify and store data that tracks status or completion;
- Manage a number of implementing partners to ensure consistent data collection methods and high data quality across a complex development program;
- Oversee performance reporting to client with both narrative and performance indicator components;
- Contribute to programmatic reviews (including data analysis to understand performance and quality trends) to assist the Chief of Party and the project senior management team make evidence-based decisions/adjustments to the project as needed;
- Engage partners and other stakeholders in a participatory manner to ensure learning and continuous improvement;
- Collect and manage all project-related performance data
- Analyze and summarize performance monitoring data
- Maintain the main project indicator database and filing system
- Provide training on the online reporting system, the project monitoring system, and the project indicators
- Contribute to M-TAG programmatic reporting as directed by the Chief of Party
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in international media development preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of US-government funded programs preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Demonstrated familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); previous experience with statistical software (SPSS, STATA, or similar) preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise technical documents;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- University degree in sociology or a related field;
- Fluency in Georgian and English languages, both spoken and written;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Familiarity with Georgian media landscape will be an advantage;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and result oriented;
- Team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to IREX/Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, 6:00 pm, October 16, 2014. Please indicate name of vacancy in a subject line.