Go Group Media Announces Vacancy
Closing date for applications: 20 July 2010 Title: Web-Editor Based: Tbilisi Term: Full-Time Starting time: 1 September 2010 Salary: Equivalent to 1000 Euro per month (gross salary) Length of the employment: 10 months, with the possibility of further extension
- Maintain, update and develop the video, multimedia, photo and text content of the Go Group Media multilingual website www.gogroupmedia.net ;
- Prepare trailers for the films produced by the Eyewitness Studio;
- Maintain and update the context of the Go Group Media's Youtube Channel;
- Maintain and update the context of the Go Group Media's accounts on social websites Facebook, My Space and Twitter;
- To be responsible for active on-line communicating with visitors on the website www.gogroupmedia.net as well as visitors on the Go Group Media's Youtube Channel and the Go Group Media's accounts on social websites in Georgian, English and Russian;
- To be responsible for on-line corresponding and co-operation with the partners of the Go Group Media and the Eyewitness Studio around the world;
- To represent and promote GO Group and Eyewitness Studio in Georgia and the Caucasus to media, NGOs, governmental and international organizations, along with other staff;
- To negotiate with local and regional media, primarily online media, for re-posting and re-publication of the films and multimedia outputs produced by the Eyewitness Studio;
- To organize occasional workshops for professional and citizen journalists, providing them with basic training in communicating a local perspective on-line and blogging;
- To help with translations in Georgian, English and Russian languages if necessary.
- At least two years experience in web-editing and web-design;
- At least three years experience in journalism, preferably print and video;
- Good photographing and writing skills;
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Power Point, Excel) and Photoshop. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Native Georgian, fluent English and Russian;
- Ability to represent the organization online;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector.
Creative Thinking - ability to transform creative ideas into practical reality, to look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
Planning and Organisation - ability to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others, to prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
Concern for results - having a concern in working effectively and in competing against a standard of excellence. This may be an individual's own past performance, an objective measure, the performance of others, goals etc.To apply email a CV, a covering letter and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org