Eurasia Partnership Foundation Announces Vacancy for the position of Program Manager for EPF's project Strengthening the Media's Role as a W
Eurasia Partnership Foundation is inviting applications for the position of Program Manager for EPF's project "Strengthening the Media's Role as a Watchdog Institution", funded by the European Union.
Position status: Full-time
Reports to: Country Director
Eurasia Partnership Foundation's (EPF) mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives. With locally registered offices in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia, EPF is the legacy institution of Eurasia Foundation (EF), a privately managed non-profit organization established in 1992 to deliver seed capital to emerging civil society organizations in the former Soviet countries. Supported by the United States Agency for International Development and other public and private donors, EF has invested nearly $70 million in the South Caucasus through more than 1,700 grants and programs since 1992.
EPF is both a grant maker and a program implementer and is guided by six program mandates and approaches: Civic Participation and Monitoring, Corporate and Community Philanthropy, Research and Policy Capacity Building, Business Environment Improvement, Cross Border Cooperation and Open Door Grant Making. Each EPF office sets its program priorities annually based on consultations with local and international stakeholders and the Board. EPF is a member of the EF Network: five local foundations supporting civil society and based in Russia, Central Asia, the South Caucasus, Eastern Europe and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.epfound.ge
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Program Manager (PM) supports the effective implementation of EPF's project "Strengthening the Media's Role as a Watchdog Institution", funded by the European Union.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master's degree in Media Studies, Communication, Journalism or Social Sciences;
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing. Experience in working at a grant-making organization is a plus;
- Sound understanding of the media environment in Georgia, major challenges in the media sector on both a national and regional level.
- Work experience related to the Georgian media is desired;
- Proficiency in Georgian, English, and Russian;
- Superior analytical, writing, and communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- ** Ability to work independently and think proactively and creatively about problems;
- ** Ability to plan strategically to achieve long-term goals;
- ** Ability to work under pressure and with a multicultural team of colleagues;
- ** Ability to travel within Georgia.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the implementation of program activities in consultation with the Country Director, in coordination with ECD representatives and project partners and EPF's program and grant managers;
- Manage program budget in consultation with the Country Director, grants managers and finance manager;
- Conduct program monitoring and prepare status reports as necessary;
- Coordinate with EPF departments and main stakeholders on all aspects of program implementation.
Grant making activities:
- Develop concept papers and requests for proposals (RFPs) for EPF's grant competitions;
- Conduct initial screening of proposals received through both grant competitions and the Open Door scheme and recommend projects for further review and funding;
- Organize and manage the review and selection of projects during the competition;
- Conduct due diligence and prepare acceptance memoranda for selected projects;
- Together with grants management staff, prepare and conduct Grants Management seminars and present EPF's programmatic and reporting requirements to grantees;
- Conduct programmatic site visits, review grantee program reports, grant revision and amendment requests and consult grantees as necessary on projects' implementation;
- Conduct programmatic review and close-out in line with EPF's policies and procedures.
Other management responsibilities:
- Design, manage and implement program related assessments, research and evaluations;
- Contribute to the fundraising and outreach activities of the Foundation;
- Maintain Grants Management System Millennium Edition for designated program areas and project activities;
- Prepare reports and make presentations on programs and projects as necessary;
- Upon assignment, represent EPF at external meetings and discussions;
- Supervise Program Assistant(s) in coordination with other Program Managers;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Applications will be accepted until July 27, 2010 at 16:00. Please submit your CV with a cover letter, explaining your motivation for applying, to: email@example.com and state the position title in the subject of your e-mail.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.