RFP - Media Research Report
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) and its Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) invite qualified proposals from individuals to produce a comprehensive report based on the data collected through the EU-funded project Strengthening the Media's Role as a Watchdog Institution in Georgia, implemented by Eurasia Partnership Foundation.
The report is intended for media scholars, practicing journalists, students of journalism and other interested parties. The selected consultant will be required to work in close collaboration with CRRC and Eurasia Partnership Foundation's Media Program Manager.
The final report should be written in concise and clear language and provide a more comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the data that was originally summarized in the Georgia Comprehensive Media Research: Summary Findings. The report should be submitted to EPF/CRRC in English within two months of signing the contract. EPF/CRRC anticipate the following timeline:
- first draft by October 1
- review by EPF/CRRC by October 15
- final report delivered to EPF/CRRC by October 29
The report will be based on data available from four different sources: a representative survey of the Georgian population, a survey of media professionals, media monitoring, and focus groups of media consumers. The major focus of the report is to provide a comprehensive picture of the media landscape in Georgia with a particular emphasis on the following aspects:
- public opinions about the media: trust/distrust towards the media; image of the media; whose interests does it serve?
- public preferences about the media: what do people want to be covered and how?
- recommendations for improvement: what should be done to make the Georgian media more professional?
- MA and/or PhD in social sciences, sociology or media studies, preferably from a recognized western university
- Experience in undertaking similar assignments is desirable
- Fluency in English and Georgian
- Advanced usage of SPSS and/or STATA programs
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
Interested applicants should send the following documents in English to email@example.com indicating "Media Research Report" in the subject line by August 23, 2010, 11:59 PM Tbilisi Time:
- Letter of Interest
- One sample of previous assignment of similar nature in English
- Requested remuneration
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.