JOB OPPORTUNITY - International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX)
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $60 million and a staff of 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a Driver/Logistic Assistant who will be responsible for provision of secure transportation with his own vehicle to administrative and program staff and assisting Driver/Logistics Manager. The Driver/Logistic Assistant is a Tbilisi-based full time position and reports to the Administrative Manager.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide secure transportation to administrative and program staff in Tbilisi and Georgia's regions;
- Maintain accurate driver log;
- Serve as messenger to deliver and pick-up administrative and program documents;
- Assist Driver/Logistics Manager in provision of logistical support to all office staff and operations;
- Assist with copying of office and programs related documentation;
- Relocate administrative and program furniture, equipment and documents as needed;
- Assist in facilitating the visits of guests including accommodations and logistics;
- Assist in purchase and delivery of office materials, furniture and equipment;
- Other duties as assigned/needed by administrative and program staff.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working in a similar position;
- Minimum 5 years' experience of driving;
- Valid Driver's license;
- Good knowledge of technical issues pertinent to maintaining vehicle operational and secure and ability to detect major malfunctioning at early stage;
- Good knowledge of Tbilisi streets;
- Strong work ethics;
- Highly responsible and well organized;
- Good people and communication skills;
- Able to work on a busy schedule;
- Languages: Georgian Fluent, Russian or English as a second language;
- Must have valid vehicle insurance.
The vehicle the Driver/Logistics Assistant proposes should have wheel on the left side and should not be manufactured earlier than 2004.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to IREX/Georgia at email@example.com no later then Monday, 6:00 pm, November 1, 2010. Please indicate name of vacancy in a subject line.