IREX Announces Vacancy for Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant (1 position)
Term: 4 years, Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $60 million and a staff of 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Program
Georgian Media Enhance Democracy, Informed Citizenry and Accountability Program (G-MEDIA) is to improve the public's access to a range of sources of news and information by developing a more politically balanced, editorially independent, professional and viable media sector that reaches audiences across Georgia through diverse delivery channels. The program will seek to raise the quality and diversity of media content and broaden delivery channels; improve professionalism, including through university journalism education; depoliticize the regulatory environment and strengthen journalists' capacity to address infringements to their rights and breaches of professional ethics; and improve the viability of media outlets.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks an Administrative Assistant, who will be responsible for provision of clerical and coordination support to G-MEDIA management and staff. The Administrative Assistant is a Tbilisi-based full time position and reports to the Chief of Party.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Maintain Program calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings;
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of Program's website;
- Interact with local clients, international visitors and vendors;
- Answer telephone inquiries and transfer to appropriate staff member;
- Distribute among Program staff incoming correspondence;
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries;
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing;
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports;
- Conduct small scale research, compile data and prepare papers for presentation to Program management;
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences;
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings;
- Assist Administrative Manager in making travel arrangements for staff, trainers and consultants;
- Assist Administrative Manager in researching and purchase of office furniture, equipment and supplies;
- Support Program staff in assigned project‐based work;
- Assists Program management in special events, such as program presentations;
- Supervise volunteers/interns and other support personnel as needed;
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Party
- University degree;
- Excellent knowledge of Georgian and English, both spoken and written;
- At least three (3) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization;
- Computer literate;
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Pro-active with strong problem‐solving skills;
- Detail oriented and highly responsible;
- Strong record keeping and management skills;
- Well organized with strong planning skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, copiers and fax machines;
- Ability to diligently follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to IREX/Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org no later then Monday, 6:00 pm, November 1, 2010. Please indicate name of vacancy in a subject line.