GIPA CSJMM Seeks IT and Equipment Resource Manager
Employer: Caucuses School of Journalism and Media Management (CSJMM), Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA)
Position: IT and Equipment Resource Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Multimedia Education Center, Tbilisi, Georgia
The Caucasus School of Journalism and Media Management (CSJMM) is one of three graduate schools at the Zurab Zhvania Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA), a non-profit organization concerned with building capacity for effective government, media and civil society. CSJMM currently offers three master’s degree programs: Journalism and Media Management; Journalism and Communication Management and Public Relations. In addition to its degree granting courses, CSJMM trains students and professionals in non-degree programs and trainings.
Summary of Position
CSJMM seeks an IT and Equipment Resource Manager, who will be in charge of the equipment at the Multimedia Education Center established by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) Georgian Media Enhance Democracy, Informed Citizenry and Accountability Program (G-MEDIA), funded by USAID. CSJMM will be one of the key beneficiaries of this Center.
The Multimedia Education Centre is focused on innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning e-journalism methods. The IT and Equipment Resource Manager has overall responsibility for the Media Centre's Equipment Cage as well as computer systems, software, and multimedia studio equipment installed at the facility.
This manager is part of the team that enhances and supports the integration of technology and digital media into the Media Centre's curricular programs. The IT Equipment Resource Manager manages the technology and digital media equipment (including check out, inventory, maintenance and repair), manages the equipment cage budgets, and coordination of server backups and software upgrades.
Description of Responsibilities:
This manager will install, configure, maintain inventory control and troubleshoot all aspects of user computers, cameras, recorders, IT systems, software, networks, monitors and phone systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage Equipment Inventory
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance of equipment
- Maintain database inventory for all equipment and Matrix Inventory Tracking System
- Update, backup and restore software and firmware updates as needed including the installation of new software and updates when required.
- Conduct technical support in line with documented procedures. Identify improvements to documentation and implement and communicate as necessary.
- Co-ordinate and physically set up computer and phone facilities for new starters, liaising with Multimedia Education Center Manager and other teams, to ensure that equipment is ready to use.
- Carry out user account maintenance for the students and staff
- Provide MEC Manager, Team Leaders and the Production team with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- Make suggestions on how to improve systems
- Ensure that all users are kept informed of relevant changes or developments on a timely basis and that all relevant training is provided.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in media or related field;
- At least three years of digital media, technology and operations experience required, five years preferred;
- Experience using and maintaining both tape and media card based digital still and video cameras, digital video projectors, Sachtler tripods, Macbook Pro laptops, iPads, Arrifresnel lights, Litepanel LED lights, Canon and Sony video cameras, Sennheiser wireless microphones, Shure portable mixers, and video studio equipment preferred; ability to perform light maintenance on the same preferred.
- Previous experience working with video/film equipment preferred.
- Experience working closely with faculty, students, staff, and community members preferred.
- Competencies: strong knowledge of video, and digital media equipment (digital still and video production, camera, lights, and sound) and production equipment maintenance required.
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills using Final Cut Pro, Leaf Capture, and Adobe Photoshop. Proven problem solving ability with knowledge of Adobe Creative.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of databases, servers and computer networks.
- Experience managing a budget. Ability to forecast and manage resources, training and equipment
- Awareness of changes in technology and equipment and a willingness to be trained and to learn new equipment, technical specifications required.
- Ability to oversee complex projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Demonstrated success in building collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies required.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical details to managers, instructors and students and translate the needs of journalism faculty and students to technology colleagues required.
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills required.
- Good written and spoken communication skills with the ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information required.
- Ability to build strong relationships with third-party vendors and liaison with a number of suppliers e.g. ordering hardware etc.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and Cover Letter via email to CJMM at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 6:00 pm, November 9, 2011. Please indicate name of vacancy in a subject line. For additional questions, please call 595-251-801