Training-workshop “Women Rights Advocacy and Reporting Strategies”
Provided by: Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Published: May 21/ Deadline: June 6
The Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR) in partnership with UN Women invites bloggers and social media active journalists to participate in the four-day training-workshop “Women Advocacy and Reporting Strategies” scheduled in the third week of June of 2012 inYerevan,Armenia.
The workshop is held within the project Women Connecting For Peace – The Voice of Change and focuses on forming a network of women specialists, social media active professional and citizen reporters who will ensure that issues surrounding the discrimination, violence against women and equality are given voice and that a space is created where solution oriented robust debate on women’s facilitating role in peacebuilding and conflict prevention can take place.
Participants will be selected for the entire six months project period until the end of November 2012 and be involved in series of training-workshops, media production as well as in various advocacy events.
To be successfully recruited potential candidates should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Experienced in using Information Communication Technologies;
- Have personal and media-outlet affiliated blog;
- Aged 21-30;
- Must have interest and basic knowledge of issues of concern that women face inGeorgia and elsewhere in theCaucasusregion;
- Preference will be given to journalists and social media savvy bloggers who already reported/covered women- and gender- and conflict -related issues;
- Must be able to speak and write in Russian and Georgian fluently, the knowledge of English will be an asset;
- Proactive with excellent communication skills: must be able to engage in debates constructively and be open for dialogue with the counterparts.
Potential candidates are required to submit:
- Relevant Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of motivation (no more than 300 words).
Deadline: June 6,2012
The number of participants is limited, and only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Candidates will be notified on 7th of June.
Workshop oganisers will cover all travel, accommodation and nourishment costs.
Required documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org